OFFICIAL 2006 BITE ME! RULES:
In the Event the following Rules and Regulations differ from the Official BiteMe! Rules Booklet, this Official BiteMe! Rules webpage will take precedence.
| General Rules | Ticket Rules | Time Schedules | Boundries | Weigh-in Stations |
ALL ENTRANTS MUST HOLD
A VALID FISHING LICENSE.
CURRENT FISHING REGULATIONS:
(may change without notice. It is your responsibility to know and abide by all fishing regulations.)
||One rod per BITEME decal. Your BITEME decal(s) must be clearly visible on the boat at all times. If you have one of these decals, you can only use one rod. Two decals lets you use two rods, etc. etc.
- You can not weigh-in a fish less than 5 pounds. Keep in mind that only *One prize is given per ticket, so please only weigh-in your largest fish for the day.
*Not including Draw-Prizes, or the Bonus
- Our amazing BITEME COMPUTER will automatically give you the highest prize that you qualified for. (All ties will be determined by the earliest weigh-in.)
- The Weigh-in location is: Pedder Bay Marina.
- Boundaries are: Sherringham Point East to Albert Head.
CLICK HERE to download the above Acrobat PDF boundry map for future reference.
(The Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded here if you require it.)
$20,000 Bonus " Salmon-Over" Rules*
The first (1st) salmon and only the first salmon:
- *52 pounds or greater
- Legally caught during official derby hours
- Caught within derby boundaries
- Must be weighed-in within 4 hours of being caught
- Biologist may be used to verify winning salmon
- Winner/Participant my be subject to a polygraph test
*Subject to change
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
(for General Ticket information please Click Here.)
- Tickets are non-transferable. Ticket name must match weigh-in name. You can NOT give your ticket to someone else to use if you are unable to participate in this event. Make sure Your name is on Your ticket. Sponsor Tickets must have the guests name printed clearly on the ticket prior to the derby.
- If you cannot attend the BITEME derby, you must notify the BITEME STAFF before August 1st
2006, and you will be reimbursed. Sponsor/Promotional tickets have no cash value.
- You must carry your ticket and be in attendance to claim prizes unless prior arrangements have been made with a member of the BITEME STAFF.
- All fish must be weighed in the same day they were caught between the official derby hours for that day.
- Prizes distributed have no cash value. Any concerns associated with prizes should be brought to the attention of the BITEME Fishing Derby officials, PLEASE DO NOT contact the sponsors. Any direct contact made with the event sponsors regarding prizes donated/received, may result in the refusal of further derby participation for the participant.
- All BITEME officials, sponsors and executive are eligible to participate and receive prizes in all competitions and events unless otherwise specified in the official rules booklet.
- C.B. Radio contact for BITEME Official Boats will be met on channel 13 (CB) or 68 (VHF). Once contacted, you will be instructed to switch to a communication channel to be determined by the official.
- If you need assistance or see an entrant playing a big BITEME fish, call for a BITEME Official Boat. BITEME Official Boats will be clearly marked for ease of identification.
- The MVFD BITEME Fishing Derby, its Staff, Sponsors, host Marinas, host Fire Dept., and/or host Municipality, accepts no responsibility for loss or injury during the derby event in whole.
|As the Awards ceremony is a licensed event, we ask you to PLEASE DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. As a Fire Dept., we won't want a Call-Out this weekend, especially if it's YOU! If you require a cab, please ask a BITE ME Official, and they'll be glad to call you one.
TIMES TO REMEMBER:
-BITE ME DERBY STARTS
||Saturday Morning at dawn |
Saturday evening at 18:00 hrs.
-WEIGH SCALE CLOSES
*No evening fishing - all entries must be caught during
derby hours. fish may be checked by a biologist, ...or a proctologist depending
on who's available, and are liable for disqualification for time and boundary
-START OF SECOND DAY OF BITING
||Sunday morning at dawn
Sunday at 12:00 hrs. (noon) -END OF WEIGH-IN
Sunday at 12:30 to 17:00 hrs.(at the MVFD 4440 Happy Valley Road)
12:30 -BEVERAGES SERVED (until 17:00 hrs.)
12:30 -BITE ME BBQ Starts
(A limited number of Ceremony/BBQ tickets may be purchased at $5
each for your family members or friends. You will be held responsible for your guests)
13:00 -BITE ME OFFICIAL WINNERS POSTED
14:00 -11th ANNUAL BITE ME AWARDS PRESENTATIONS
(YOUR TICKET MUST BE SHOWN TO COLLECT PRIZES, ETC.)
- All rules and regulations subject to change.
- It is your responsibility to know and abide by all fishing regulations.
- In the Event the above Rules and Regulations differ from the Official BiteMe! Rules Booklet, this Official BiteMe! Rules web page will take precedence.
Rules & Regulations
Winners & Archives
Administration & Staff
copyright Orchard Illustrations 199806251244